The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Link to mail message? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I drag a mail message from the mail.app viewer window into the note section of an action, it turns into a link (blue underlined) using the title of the mail message.

I've written a script that takes an action and turns it into an email for followup to someone. Right now, the script writes a sentence with date and time into the note field just saying that the email was written. I'd also like this script (or perhaps another) write the link into the note field. How do I describe this and how is this link formated?

J.

I think the hooks you need are part of the scripting support in the OS X text system - it's not OmniFocus specific as far as I know.

If this article doesn't have hints, some goolgle searches on "applescript hyperlink" or similar may lead you in the right direction.

yes but...

what's the link to the mail message as in the URL? How do you guys know what to do with it when you put it in there?

J

It's a new feature added in 10.5. More info available here.