The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New OmniWeb Product Icon Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
New Feature Request:

New Icon.

I keep on confusing you icon with Rosetta Stones (language learning).

Can we get creative? Your current logo is having a negative impact on a superior product.

Take a look at Firefox, Shiira, even IE7's logos. They look like they belong on the web.

If you are really desperate, go to Clipart.com and buy one!

Thank you.

Last edited by markettrue; 2006-10-04 at 01:10 PM..

Actually, you could have a contest. There are so many insanely great creative mac people out there. It would be fun and give you great press.

i did like the logos of omniweb 4.x (but not 4.5)
the logo of omniweb 5 is ok
but i would really like something like ow 4's icon because it was more aqua-like
i dislike firefox' and ie's icon.

Given that the FireFox icon was designed by John Hicks, who is (was?) also a keen OmniWeb person, you could try persuading him to design one... though he would have trouble beating the HallOWeen one from yoinks ago - still the best ;):

Last edited by JKT; 2006-10-02 at 12:12 PM..

Yes,

The OmniWeb 4 icon is better:

How about OmniWeb 2?

"Not too Shabby"
Shades of Netscape.
Was this animated?

Last edited by markettrue; 2006-10-04 at 01:11 PM..

That's it Jonathan!

Seasonal changing icons and logos!

via Google's home page.

Would that be cool or what!!!!

Ok, I have go to get back to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markettrue
The OmniWeb 4 icon is better:
Personally, I never really liked that icon - the shading always looked a little weird to me. I much preferred Rickster's Blue and Ice one for colour scheme and style (but it is too US [Edit: Americas-] centric for a world.wide.web application):

FWIW, you can still get Rickster's replacement icons (including the halloween one) from http://www.icons.cx/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
(but it is too US [Edit: Americas-] centric for a world.wide.web application):

There's going to be an issue like that no matter what when a globe is used. Asia is nowhere to be found on the current one. It could be called too "Atlantic centric."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
There's going to be an issue like that no matter what when a globe is used. Asia is nowhere to be found on the current one. It could be called too "Atlantic centric."
We tried centering the Pacific, but then you see hardly any land except Hawaii--the Pacific is just too big.

We did at one point consider using the time zone setting on your computer (including city location) to orient the globe and render it on the fly... (the artists weren't too happy with that idea since they like to tweak the pixels afterwards)