The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Python OmniFocus library for generating reports Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by psidnell View Post
Thanks! I didn't realise there were two locations.

I might get it to check for both in the next update...
The latest version now checks both locations for the database stopping on the first match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psidnell View Post
checks both locations ... stopping on the first match.
For edge cases where both locations exist (i.e, where installation history has been complex – retreats from the AppStore, multiple testing versions etc) you can use an osascript system call to get the bundle name of the active installation, and use this to decide whether to look in the .MacAppStore folder or the vanilla OF folder.

Something like:

Code:
tell application "Finder" to id of application file id "OFOC"
will either return:
  1. com.omnigroup.OmniFocus
  2. com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.MacAppStore, or
  3. an error if neither is installed.

FWIW there's more on first-aid for the appstore version at:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=21496

Cool - thanks. There's no escaping applescript though is there :-)

This has mutated into a more general purpose command line utility for exporting reports into html, opml, text, markdown or taskpaper with various filters.

I've finally got around to writing some documentation HERE. Not quite finished, but a start...

There's still plenty more I want to add but it should be useable, particularly for exporting reports of completed tasks.

Given the changes I've renamed the repo from "omnifocus" to "ofexport".

The documentation is now here.

I'll add a new post in the forum with a more helpful title.