The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New projects showing as collapsed in existing perspectives Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey there,

I have a number of perspectives created which I use regularly. When I create a new project and then look in my existing perspectives, the new project is usually (but not always!) collapsed by default.

This is kind of frustrating, because almost every time I create a new project, I have to go re-save ALL of my perspectives with that project expanded (or manually expand the project every single time I click the perspective.)

Am I doing something wrong? Anyone know of a workaround for this?

Thank you!

Nope, happens to me too and is equally as annoying for me. Luckily, I only use two perspectives so it is not as much of a drag as it could be.

I use about a dozen perspectives and I actually like this behavior (i.e. perspectives preserving state of disclosure triangles and new projects appearing as collapsed).

Maybe a new preference is called for here? Of course, the more preference settings, the more complicate things get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Maybe a new preference is called for here?
Well, as it happens…

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus ExpandRowsByDefault -bool true

Heh heh, you guys never cease to amaze me. Very nice, indeed. :)

What could work nicely is an equivalent feature to the auto-save while browsing in OmniWeb, so that the you could preserve the state of the perspective as it looked when you last used it.

Thanks for the defaults setting Ken.

Excuse my ignorance, but how exactly do I use this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Well, as it happens…

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus ExpandRowsByDefault -bool true

Open the Terminal application in your Applications/Utilities folder. Then paste in the command and hit the Return key.

-Dennis

that did the trick! thanks so much Toadling