The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Scripting new window creation Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm working on a script to replace the current front window with two windows, one above the other, occupying the same area. This layout is useful for inbox processing. I can display my inbox in the top window and individual projects in the bottom window.

I would like to open a new document window from the script but can't find the right incantation (or else the scripting for this is broken).

Here's what I think should work:

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
	tell front document
		make new document window at before front document window ¬
			with properties {document:it}
	end tell
end tell
Any ideas?

[Also reported through Send Feedback.]

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
I would like to open a new document window from the script but can't find the right incantation (or else the scripting for this is broken).
That'd be option two =)

This was scheduled for public beta, but I've bumped it up and it should appear in 88489.

This works for me (including showing how to set up the initial window shape, since you mentioned you wanted to put the window at a specific spot):

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
	tell front document
		make new document window with properties {bounds:{0, 0, 500, 500}}
	end tell
end tell

Awesome! Thanks, Tim!

Curt