The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

join custom shapes? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to merge two shapes? I've just made a map (of Australia since it was we seem to be a couple of continents short of a world in the stencils) that comprises several custom shapes (states) and I want to merge those shapes into one outline that can be an object in its own right. Possible?

I mean as you can in Illustrator where you can delete points from a shape leaving a line/path that you can then joing to another line/path.

Forget it - I just found I can paste into Illustrator and do it there. :-)

[Edit 3] D'oh! It doesn't paste/place back cleanly. I get its bounding box as well.

ta

Last edited by BronL; 2006-08-31 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: Found the answer/work around NOT

OmniGraffle Pro has the ability to Subtract, Unite or Intersect shapes:

You might also want to take a look at http://graffletopia.com/ and the Extras page at the OmniGraffle website.

Note, graffletopia is adding a continent a day this week, so Australasia should appear there soon.

Thanks, JKT. I don't have the Pro version. It was an exercise I was doing, having just upgraded from V2.

Thanks again