The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deleting a Diagram Style from your listing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone know how to delete a Diagram Style from our listing to choose from. I tried looking at the path but it must be a hidden folder

Path: User/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/Omnigraffle/Diagram Styles

It appears the Omnigraffle folder is hidden or am I missing something. In setting up a diagram style now I have too many earlier versions that are incorrect and I would like to clean it up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

In the Finder, do Go->Go to Folder... (cmd-shift-G)
In the resulting box, enter

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniGraffle/Diagram Styles
Click Go

You should now in the folder that holds any user-generated Diagram Styles created by recent versions of OmniGraffle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman11 View Post
Does anyone know how to delete a Diagram Style from our listing to choose from. I tried looking at the path but it must be a hidden folder

Path: User/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/Omnigraffle/Diagram Styles

It appears the Omnigraffle folder is hidden or am I missing something. In setting up a diagram style now I have too many earlier versions that are incorrect and I would like to clean it up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim
There's a new "feature" in Lion: the Library folder is hidden. To get to it, open Finder, then go to the menu, click on "Go", then press and hold the alt/option key; then "Library" will appear in the menu choices. Click on it, and you can navigate to the right folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete340 View Post
There's a new "feature" in Lion: the Library folder is hidden.
It's a slightly odd choice for a default setting - not sure how much thought really went into it - my guess is that it's probably causing more trouble than it's saving.

The simplest remedy is to fire up Terminal.app and enter the following line:
chflags nohidden ~/Library

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
It's a slightly odd choice for a default setting - not sure how much thought really went into it - my guess is that it's probably causing more trouble than it's saving.

The simplest remedy is to fire up Terminal.app and enter the following line:
chflags nohidden ~/Library
Definitely annoying. Thanks for the solution.