The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Trouble with free trial Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For some reason when I open OF it opens dozens of new pages instead of just one. I downloaded the free trial today and moved the OF icon into my doc and have been opening it from there. Has anyone else had similar trouble and/or know how to fix this so this will stop and just open one document. Perhaps I have inadvertently done something that is triggering this to happen. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated since having so many screens open renders OF to slow to use.

OmniFocus preserves the state of all its open windows when you quit. Is it possible that it's just opening all the windows you previously had open?

Yes I believe that is the problem. In fact it seems I am somehow inadvertently opening lots of windows as I try to work in OF. It seems this happens when I click on a task to modify it. It may also happen at other times as well as I am not always sure when it is happening as sometimes the new windows open behind the window I am currently working in.

Other times though, I click on a task to try to modify it and I get knocked into a new window.

It seems as though something is not working quite right.

At this point every once in a while I just close about 20 or so windows or when I get knocked out of the window I am working in switch back to the correct view.

As you might imagine, this is a time suck to have to keep making these corrections. I like OF so far and hope to figure this out so that I can truly use it most effectively.

Any suggestions on how I might be causing this?

Hmm, I've never had that happen on my system. The only thing I can think of is maybe you're double-clicking items to edit them? Depending on where you click them, OmniFocus will open a new window and focus on the project. This happens if you double-click a project in the sidebar, or double-click a project in the main content area, or double-click the bullet point handle of an action.

Last edited by Toadling; 2008-04-18 at 07:45 PM..