The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can I get this view? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm trying to figure out how to create a customized view and I'm not sure it's possible.

I created a packing list in my projects list, "Packing List - 4 Nights". Self descriptive.

I'm adding my stuff in categories. Clothes/Toiletries/Nutritional Stuff/Tech Stuff. To do that, I just created items with those names and then indentured their items underneath that item to basically create groups of items.

Then, I gave each item a context, the context being where I need to pack the item. Does it go in my toiletry kit, my suitcase, my 3/1/1 liquids bag, my laptop backpack?

So far, all is well.

When I look at my project, I see everything laid out by group. But what I'd like to do is be able to see everything FOR THAT RESPECTIVE PROJECT sorted by context so I can see, for example, all the items in the 3/1/1 context.

Now, I can see everything in that context for ALL projects by simply going to the contexts view. But I'll be adding new projects/packing lists for trips of different durations, and I don't want to see items from those projects mixed together. I want to see a context sort for one specific project.

Is that possible? I figured it had to be but I'm just not seeing how to do it. Thanks.