The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Search Function in iPhone App? [Yes; added in OmniFocus for iPhone 1.5] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Folks running iPhone OS 3 can now get OmniFocus for iPhone 1.5 from the App Store. That version of OmniFocus incorporates a search tool into the app.

I presume you mean that it has been submitted to the app store. Currently the version that shows up is 1.2.3.

J.

My mistake. it shows now. the app store is seriously brain damaged today with all the iPhone 3.0 downloads and updates going on (mine was, let's say, entertaining).

j.

Sorry to double-post, but is the Search function limited to item titles only? It's not returning matches that I know are in the text of my entries.

More than likely as the search capability in OS 3.0 is not capable of indexing the content of files like Spotlight does on your Mac (I imagine that would kill your iPhone's battery very rapidly if it could).

Yeah, the search at the iPhone level finds nothing - last I checked - in OF. But even OF's own search returns only matches in topic titles, rather than matches within the topic itself. That's a nice first step, but I hope they'll add searching with topics. That's a "gotta have" in my book.

The iPhone/iPod OF built-in search function currently searches project names, action names, and action group names, but does not search folder names, context names, or the notes field in any item.