The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Calendar Alerts on 1.5.2 :( Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Well, this is a good news/bad news sort of thing. The good news is that the developers agree that the functionality is important. The bad news is the implementation is well wide of the mark. I was one of the ones that campaigned for this. I guess I'm disappointed in how the current implementation works.

Here are my comments:

1. I agree with this article. http://www.tuaw.com/2009/07/24/omnif...lementation-i/

2. I don't want EVERY action that has a due date to generate a reminder. I want to be able to specify WHICH ones due and it's a subset. Almost all of my actions have a due date (well, at least half anyway) and this just causes the calendar to be a mess as well as the nonstop alerts.

3. It's a mess on the calendar. These are not appointments only notifications.

This really needs to be done through push notifications somehow. If Omnigroup doesn't want to (understandably) make the investment in servers to manage this, then I'd strongly suggest working out some API through one of the online todo managers (suggest: Toodledo) who already do this and do it well. If OF could cause a todo to be created in the todo manager, they then would send the push notification through their software in the cloud AND on the iPhone. I already subscribe to Toodledo as a pro member and the cost is a whopping $14.95 per year.