The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Script to add delegated tasks from entourage to "Waiting" context in OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One problem that I face is that how do I keep track of what tasks I have delegated to others from my Entourage.

So, I wrote an applescript that will take your current message and copy it to OmniFocus inbox and also set the context to Waiting. At your leisure (or depending on your settings), you set the project of this task later (if you want to).

Here is what you need to do:
  1. download this applescript and save it at ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Entourage Script Menu Items
  2. create a contact in entourage with name as "waiting" and address as your own email address
  3. set up a rule in entourage for the account you created the "waiting" account like this.
  4. The applescript should point to the script mentioned above.
  5. Now, whenever you want to track a task that you have delegated to somebody else - you can also BCC the same email it to "waiting" contact and it will automatically appear in your omnifocus inbox when it is recieved.

Updates at:My Blog

Last edited by tarun101; 2008-08-02 at 12:42 AM..

I am trying to locate an Entourage to OmniFocus waiting for/delegate script that pulls the recipient name(s) (similar to this script for Mail.app to OF). I've tried to modify scripts in this thread that pull the sender name, but have not been successful. Any help would be much appreciated!

The download link provided for tarun101's script is not working, so I'm unable to test if it pulls recipient names.