The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

1.7 Repeating Items Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there something in a FAQ or thread that explains how this has been overhauled?

In 1.6 and before, there were 2 options for repeating: (1) repeat every XYZ, and (2) repeat AFTER completion

Now I don't see any Repeats option anywhere. What I see is something at the bottom of the Action Inspector that says "Due Again" with 4 different options on a dropdown menu:

Don't repeat
Due every
Start again
Repeat again

Needless to say, I'm confused.

All the Actions that I had set up in 1.6 as "Repeat every 1 day after Completion Date" don't work. I have a number of Actions a week overdue. I check them off, and they reset to the next day (something like Aug 22), when they should reset to tomorrow (August 29). This happens even when it says right in the Inspector: "Next Due Aug 29".

So I get the impression I have to change all my old repeating actions that were set to "repeat AFTER completion" in 1.6 from (in 1.7) "Due Again" to "Start Again". Is that right?

After running tests, it appears that "Start Again" correctly mimics the behavior we saw from "Repeat from Completion Date" in 1.6.

Unfortunately, these Items' Repeat Settings didn't automatically convert.

The good news is that bulk edit seems to work.

Sandy, do the affected actions have a start date (but no due date)?

If so, it sounds like you hit a bug we discovered late in the sneakypeek - 1.7 imports those actions (start date, no due date, set to repeat after completion) incorrectly.

If that describes the actions you were having trouble with, I'll add a note to that item in the development database so the team knows you hit this. Sorry for the inconvenience it caused.

Last edited by Brian; 2009-08-28 at 02:44 PM..

I believe that's correct, Brian.

The items in 1.6 had NO due date. The system worked perfectly.

When I first launched 1.7, the items DID have a due date as well.

After switching them all from "Due Again" to "Start Again", they now say "Next Due: None" and seem to work fine.

But...are you saying I'll have to switch them all back again?

(Sorry I wasn't around to help troubleshoot the sneakypeak beta builds.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Sandy, do the affected actions have a start date (but no due date)?

If so, it sounds like you hit a bug we discovered late in the sneakypeek - 1.7 imports those actions (start date, no due date, set to repeat after completion) incorrectly.

If that describes the actions you were having trouble with, I'll add a note to that item in the development database so the team knows you hit this. Sorry for the inconvenience it caused.