The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

should i wait ? is it the right software ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,
I am an avid omnifocus user on mac and ipad.
I am currently wondering if i could use omnioutliner to write my thoughts about a specific project and keep them organized.
I may have different other complex project in the future. (however, it's not a project that need to be organized with tasks, dates etx....)
For example, if the project is "buy a car", i would need to organize different information about: carmakers, car models, options, prices, wheel size, power etc...and also more general info like tax due for specific kind of car, maximum speed allowed (fact that apply to all cars)...

Is OO the right software ?

Has i use a lot omnifocus on my ipad i assume i will also use OO when it comes out. Should i wait for OO 4 (which will be optimised for ipad and vice versa) ?

Thanks a lot for your replies, and thoughts,
Thanks to Omnigroup programmer for the great job.

Raphael

Quote:
I am currently wondering if i could use omnioutliner to write my thoughts about a specific project and keep them organized.
OO is the most useful piece of software I own. I use it every day to organize all sorts of things - lists, lesson plans, grades, tests, writing articles. It is extremely flexible. I am constantly finding new uses for it.
I'm not sure how soon an iPad version will be available, or when OO4 is coming out, but if you want a way to organize information, I think you will not regret buying it now.
Hope this helps.
dax

Thanks for your answer.
I downloaded the 5 days version few days ago, the software looks good.
As read in different other thread, it looks like the 4.0 will have a different "look"...and interface.
As an iPad user, i will probably wait for 4.0 and buy both mac and iPad version when it comes out.
Thanks,