The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus for iPad v1.4 has been approved! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Great to hear it works without a data plan. I do have all the contexts linked to locations but no notification shows up I have set it to Banners and Alerts.

I have stopped at the location where the alerts should show up for well over 30 minutes so it is not just that I am passing by it too quickly either.

In OmniFocus
Location Reminders: Show Alerts is On; Play Sound is On

When I click on Map view I see 46 Available actions and 4 are overdue where am at.

I am sure I am missing something.

Last edited by skillet; 2011-11-18 at 11:26 AM..

Have you set up the notification options on the context in addition to the location? When you go to context view and edit the location info for a context, there's an option at the bottom called "notification". That needs to be set to "When Arriving" or "When Leaving" for any alerts to appear. After one of those is set you can also modify the geofencing size.

Another thing to be aware of, location notifications are less reliable when the device is in low power mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-1.png
Views:	378
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	2133  

Thanks for helping me through this. I did set that up after reading it in the manual, your screenshot reminded me that mine doesn't show the notification option at the bottom for some strange reason. Just teh location when "Exact Location" is selected.

Do you have iOS 5 installed on your iPad? That's required for this feature. Otherwise the other requirements for that to show is having location alerts on, and having the context location type being either an exact location or an address book contact. Locations that are a search term such as "grocery store" can not have location alerts currently.

Just curious, but what is low power mode? Battery at 20%? Does this apply to the iPhone also?

Low power mode is the state the device goes into when the screen has been off and not being used for some amount of time. It applies to the iPhone as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Do you have iOS 5 installed on your iPad?
I do have iOS 5 installed and I am on the Verizon 64GB model iPad 2.

I was able to get show the location once on Saturday after a lot more adding and removing but not working right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0099.PNG
Views:	421
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	2136   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0100.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	2137  

You won't see the location alert options when looking at the map like in your screenshot. You will need to go to the context view and edit the location there (you could also switch to list view of the map and access the editor there). They aren't available on the map view due to size constrants with the current design.

Got it that make sense. Do you know if sub context will inherit their parent context location if they are not assigned or do you have to assign every sub-context as well?

It will inherit it.