The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spotlight Filter Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Dear Forum,

I tried the search here, i tried to google it, but I can't find an answer to my question :
"Does a spotlight filter exist for .vsd files for omniGraffle pro?"

I really would like to have a spotlight 'filter' that also indexes the (binary) .vsd files from visio. My company uses Visio extensively, and I bought OmniGraffle Pro specifically for this purpose. I don't have to edit that much, but a lot of lookups and searches in network designs. And being able to spotlight into these visio files would be extremely helpful. converting the files or saving them in another format is NOT an option.
Same goes for quicklook. a native quicklook would be helpful, the solution to safe them with an embeded pdf view (so I understand) is not useful at all, as I am the only one with omnigraffle for the moment (but more might come if I can show them that MacOS/Spotlight with omnigraffle pro really rocks and saves a lot of time.

thanks for helping
simon

ps: is it possible to suppress the 'import warnings' that some elements couldn't be converted when opening .vsd files?