The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

growl or gripe? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I opened my laptop this Jan 1 every inch of screen space was covered by an OF growl notice. What a sight. Guess I better get to work!

Heh. Me too. Perhaps a good time to remember that option-clicking the close X on a Growl notification will close all the notifications.

Curt

So do you guys have a lot of actions set to start this year? Or is this some kind of bug?

FWIW, I didn't see this on my system - only a couple Growl notifications that were expected.

-Dennis

I had a project with a due date of 12/31/08 but it has one sub-project for each month and each of those has four actions, most with only one or two checked off. A little laziness adds up.

I modified older actions to make due dates within January. I have about 5 which are due tomorrow and have the due soon set for 2 days. None of the actions in this project are getting the due soon label. I was first a OmniFocus iPhone user and noticed the flakiness of the overdue and due soon labels with the iPhone version as well. Any tips to getting these to work better?

To be clear, I see no flakiness with the dates at all. I just had a few projects that had Jan. 1 start dates and were set to allow parallel actions. I have Growl display actions as they become available, hence a mountain of available actions.

mgetzski, what do you mean by the action not getting the "due soon" label? Are they not colored in Planning Mode?

Curt

I think I figured out what is going on. I entered my actions with start dates and due dates. The start time hadn't happened yet, so the action would not show as due soon, even with the due date within 48 hours. Whether the action has started yet, the action is still "due soon". I think that should be corrected. As the day went on and the start times woke the actions up, the due soon status would appear.

What are your view settings? If you show Remaining actions grouped by Due Soon, then the item will show. (That is, switch to the built-in Due Soon perspective, turn on the View Bar, and change the Due Soon lozenge to Remaining.)

The way it works now is more flexible than if unavailable, but due soon, actions were displayed. For example, my Check Email action has a start time of 2.5 hours after completion and a due time of 3.5 hours after completion. That action would never be hidden under your proposal, but the reason for a future start time is precisely so it will be hidden.

If you want to see all Due Soon items, even if they aren't available, then you can save your own perspective showing that view. Just choose Perspective --> Save Window as New Perspective.

Curt