The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Repeating and Dates on Projects vs Tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi All -

I grouped a few daily start tasks into a project called "Daily Start".

1. Is it better to have the individual tasks repeat, or to set the project to repeat?

2. I was suprised to see that setting a start date on the project and a repeat interval on the project does not also set these for the tasks in the project. Can someone explain this?

3. To experiment, I set the project to repeat (but I did NOT explicitly set the tasks to repeat). I then checked each task as completed and clicked "Clean Up". To my surprise the project and the folder it was sitting in vanished, even though I am looking at "All Projects", "ungrouped", "unsorted", "any status", "any duration", "any flag state". Can anyone explain this?

Thanks!