The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync through self-certified SSL Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi :-)

I'm currently thinking about getting a new iPod Touch (2G) and am therefor looking to clarify some things regarding the sync'ing between the mobile version of OmniFocus and the version on my Mac (which is the feature why I actually want to get the iPod Touch in the first place ;-) )

Is it possible to sync through a WebDAV-directory that is secured with a self-certified SSL-certificate? Or should I expect some problems there?

(I guess the question if OmniFocus works on the new iPod Touch is kind of redundant, isn't it? :-) )

I've been using my own WebDav directory with a self-certified certificate. It works just fine. The only annoyance is that you have to click the OK button once at the beginning of each session to say it's alright to use the site. It would be nice if someone could point out a way to avoid that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpw View Post
I've been using my own WebDav directory with a self-certified certificate. It works just fine. The only annoyance is that you have to click the OK button once at the beginning of each session to say it's alright to use the site. It would be nice if someone could point out a way to avoid that.
On the Verify Certificate panel, click the "Show Certificate" button to show you more detail about the self-signed certificate. In this more detailed view, you should see the option to always trust your certificate.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
On the Verify Certificate panel, click the "Show Certificate" button to show you more detail about the self-signed certificate. In this more detailed view, you should see the option to always trust your certificate.

Hope this helps!
Thanks, Ken. I should have thought of that earlier myself.

I just tried it out and unfortunately it still doesn't work. I activated trust several times and tried accessing it both in OF and by mounting the directory on the desktop. I always get a warning message. Sometimes it's about the certificate being self-signed, sometimes it's about the host possibly trying to pretend it's somebody it's not. I realized that I had not been using a fully qualified host name and the certificate was for the FQN, so I used the host name to match the certificate. Still no go.

I've noticed this kind of behavior on other occasions with other servers, too, when I wouldn't have expected it.

Any help appreciated!

Matthew

Thank you both :D Now I just have to get an iPod Touch ;-)

I have this same trouble with my WebDAV server, having to authorise the certificate when I load OmniFocus on the Mac. It then works for as long as it is loaded.

OF for ipod touch works perfectly.

I've tried 'trusting' the certificate, etc as well, but no joy. It would be great if there were a way to fix this minor annoyance.