The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Missing Disclosure Triangles Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is anyone else still missing disclosure triangles on certain action groups, specifically on action groups in single-action lists and completed action groups? The triangles appear when I mouse over but then disappear again when I move the cursor away.

I reported the issue to the Omni Group back in July, and there was some discussion of it here, but I haven't heard anything else since. And as of the latest sneaky peak (r104795), I'm still seeing the problem. So I don't know if it's something specific to my system or if Omni Group just hasn't gotten to it yet.

Thanks,
Dennis

Last edited by Toadling; 2008-09-11 at 10:11 PM.. Reason: Added link to old thread

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. Many of my groups have no disclosure triangles. It is specifically ones that are in single action lists. Good observation there.

Thanks, CatOne. At least I know it's not something specific to my system. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

-Dennis

Hi Toadling...
I had this happen to me too - after I had changed my style font preference for the Action Groups. When I reset the styles back to the original settings, the little triangles reappeared :) Hopefully this simple fix will work for you. (I had to do a hard reset vs. changing the style back manually)

CorgiGirl, do you see triangles for completed action groups? What about action groups inside single-action lists? Those are the only two cases I'm aware of that have missing triangle until mouse-over - very annoying.

And I haven't made any changes to my style preferences. In fact, I just tried resetting them to be sure and the problem is still there.

I even tried removing my preferences file and relaunching OmniFocus to see if maybe it was something else in my prefs. But even with a brand new, clean preferences file the triangles still only appear on mouse-over in the aforementioned cases.

I sure hope they can get this fix in soon. But thanks for checking!

-Dennis

Darn - you are right. It is not fixed. I am going to add in a request for this, as well as when you change the Action Group font specs, they disappear too. Sorry I misread your first post!

Last edited by CorgiGirl; 2008-09-26 at 08:46 AM..

Seems impossible to fix this, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonL View Post
Seems impossible to fix this, right?
For you or me? Yes, it seems that way.

For the Omni Group? I sure hope not. :)

I suspect these sorts of cosmetic flaws got put on the back burner while things were being straightened out with syncing. Now that syncing seems to be stabilizing, maybe we'll see improvements on the little stuff now.

-Dennis

More specifically, in a single action list, I'm seeing disclosure triangles for items with a future start date when viewing remaining actions. But I STILL don't see disclosure triangles for available action groups in single action groups.

I just confirmed that I do see the triangles in a project, whether remaining or future.

I've been looking at a similar issue, I'm pretty sure this comes up when changing your font using the system font panel (rather than the new style prefs). You might try resetting the offending rows types in Style prefs, and resetting the color/font using that panel.