The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature request: Item comments? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Would it be possible to implement either a system for linking to documents within Omnigraffle or some way of embedding comments within content added?

Say I'm roughing up a loose diagram of something and I want to add comments to different items. Right click, hit comments, fill in the box, done. To retrieve, do the same or click and look at what appears in a palette or sub-window to quickly see what's in each.

Its mostly for minor notes when arranging objects to clarify on their purpose within a diagram without having the comment text constantly visible cluttering up the diagram.

Its kind of a killer feature, to tell the truth and it'd decide whether or not I buy the product in my case. Visio offers something similar but to tell the truth there's no way I'm paying £200 for a feature that could easily be implemented in other software for a fraction of the cost.

If you select an object and bring up the Properties inspector, there's a notes field that you can put text in. If you then hover the cursor over that object, the notes will be displayed in the tooltip.