The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mail to OmniFocus app stopped working Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBenz View Post
In my case, the script thinks that the sender of the message is not me, even though the email in Sent Items is definitely from me. You can see the log message in the Console app. It thinks the email is from somebody else:

9/13/12 8:02:46.938 AM OmniFocus[5624]: OmniFocus Mail Rule: Received message from unauthorized sender <incorrect email address here> - ignoring message

I sent another test from a different email account, and it worked. And then I sent a 3rd test from the original account, and now that worked too! Weird.

There is a clue, though: the person associated with the incorrect email address sent me an email about 20 minutes before I sent the email to OF. It was sitting in my inbox unread. I can't seem to reproduce the problem, though.
That means your correspondent with the incorrect email address sent you a message which got run through the rule for OmniFocus. Unless you've altered your Mail rule, that means it matched against the condition you specified (subject line starting characters or recipient containing "+omnifocus@"). That preference is just used to construct the rule in Mail.app that chooses which messages to attempt to process with the OmniFocus applescript, and you can tinker with the rule or even build your own if you want something else. I've got over a dozen such rules feeding email into OmniFocus, and the allowed senders list is rather lengthy.

If there's any doubt about which message is triggering the rule, you could extend the logging a bit, perhaps something like this:
Code:
		-- Allow the user to type in the full sender address in case our trimming logic doesn't handle the address they are using.
		set theSender to sender of theMessage
		set theSubject to subject of theMessage
		set theText to content of theMessage
		if (length of theText > 80) then
			set theText to text 1 through 80 of theText
		end if
		set trimmedSender to my trim_address(theSender)
		tell application "OmniFocus"
			set AllowedSender to allowed mail senders
			if AllowedSender does not contain trimmedSender and AllowedSender does not contain theSender then
				log "OmniFocus Mail Rule: Ignoring message from unauthorized sender " & trimmedSender & return & "  Subject: " & theSubject & return & "  Text: " & theText 
				return
			end if
		end tell
I've only tested that fragment on a 10.6.8 system; your mileage may vary with Lion or Mountain Lion. Whoever put the original log message in got burned by some difference between the various cats (the result being that the script didn't compile on Snow Leopard after the change was made, and so the mail rule didn't work at all until the problem was corrected!) so I'm a bit sensitive here :-)