The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Weird server name [A: known cosmetic bug, but harmless.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I click on "sync" in OmniFocus preferences and then click on "show clients", there is a weird name for my laptop client. My iPhone client shows correctly. The name is not the name of my computer. Instead it is using as part of the address the name of a fellow worker. What gives with that?

I sync via Bonjour using the same computer as a server.

Sorry for the confusion this causes.

There appears to be an edge case in the code somewhere where part of the network address gets used to identify the client, rather than the device name. It looks a little confusing, but it's cosmetic/harmless.

Sometimes a networks DNS servers do not function properly. It may be resolving your coworkers name to the ip address of your computer.

One suggestion is to allow a user to enter in an ip address manually so a user always know what ip address they are connecting to.