The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lonely inbox items and contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just started using Omnifocus, and I've found myself putting a lot of 'one action' jobs into my inbox, say take the dog for a walk, which doesn't need a project assigned to it.

However, if I assign a context to it, it does not appear in the 'context view mode'. Is there a reason for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl24
Just started using Omnifocus, and I've found myself putting a lot of 'one action' jobs into my inbox, say take the dog for a walk, which doesn't need a project assigned to it.

However, if I assign a context to it, it does not appear in the 'context view mode'. Is there a reason for this?
It won't appear in Context View until you remove it from your Inbox: Edit > Clean Up or Command-K. The idea is that actions sit in your Inbox only until you have "processed" them—that is, assigned a context, and possibly a project, dates and time estimate. So hit Command-K, and your actions-without-projects will disappear from the Inbox and appear in Context View.

There are numerous threads about actions-without-projects. Here is one of the most recent. Have a read.