The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDiskSweeper
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Finding duplicate files Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I have two 750GB drives in my old Power Mac G5 with both approaching 10% free space. On the second drive I have accumulated the contents of a succession of retired machines so it now has numerous duplicate files spread over various branches of the file system. I seem to remember using Norton Utilities (anybody remember those days) in my pre-Mac days to display just the files in a big long list without the path, so as to identify duplicate files.

Is there any way to make ODS perform a similar operation? Ideally, with all the duplicates grouped together, one could simply keep the newest file and eliminate the older ones. I assume some combination of ls options in terminal might do the job, but I haven't been able to figure that out either.

(Power Mac G5 2.7, 10.4.11, Mac mini 2.4 Intel 10.6.7)