The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Re-writing scripts for new Omni versions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Tool-chains of interacting applications (enabled by scripts) are at the core of most of my workflows.

This means some disruption (a kind of energy hump, to be crossed or deterred by) on those (reasonably rare) occasions when an application update breaks a set of scripts.

We're hitting a couple of those energy humps now, as the iPad-inspired reclothing of OmniOutliner and OmniFocus breaks a swathe of the scripts which I regularly use.

Does one cross an energy hump ? The prospect of a promised land does help - an additional burst of energy is rational if it takes us to sunny uplands of new possibility.

Just in case in anyone is using any of my scripts, I should probably say that it doesn't yet look obvious to me that time spent adapting them (and moving to OO4 and OF2) will be strongly rewarded (for me at least) by access to new features. Perhaps those will come later, but with various largish projects in hand at the moment, I am personally more likely to be a late adopter than an early one this time. (Others, of course, may find the new designs and glitch removals quite compelling).

If there is a particular script which you would like me to put on Github, so that you and others can fork it for OO4 or OF2, let me know.

Rob

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2013-03-28 at 01:17 PM..