The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Outliner languishing? Say it ain't so Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've been using OOpro more-or-less happily for a long time. Lately I've been frustrated that I see feature innovation in other products while Outliner has remained stagnant. From the interface ("drawers? drawers? In this day and age?") to the feature list ("no in-line tables? C'mon.") the app is in dire need of some attention.

It's been over two years now since Outliner had a significant update. OO3 celebrated its third birthday a few weeks ago.

It's sad, because for me this, along with Graffle, is the defining application for Omni's design philosophy. It's the app that led me to buy most of their other products, which I suspect is the case for a lot of users who discover it preinstalled on their macbooks.

I realize that there are a lot of exciting things happening in Omniland, but I hope that they are not neglecting their commitment to a product line made up of modern applications that make the most out of the latest OS X technology.