The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

collapsable children? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've just gotten started using OmniFocus, and am having some trouble.
I have several projects set up. When I add a text clipping to a project, the entire clipping shows under that project to the right. I'd like to be able to add a title to this clipping, and just show the title. Upon clicking on the title, then I'd like to see the entire clipping.
Right now, it tells me I can expand the note, but I see no way to collapse it or add a title. I thought of adding the title as the first sentence of the note, but that still would not collapse the note. Since my clippings can be rather long, I'd have to scroll down a lot to find the note I'm looking for, and even then the titles would be harder to identify as they would be mixed in with the note, even if I added a space.
I have been using Yojimbo, which makes it very easy to add notes, and starts off by asking me for a title, which is separate from the note. When I open a project, all I see are the titles of the notes, which is great (I can easily have 20+ notes for each project).
I like the features of OmniFocus, but this one feature has me going back to Yohimbo when I need to add a note in a hurry, rather than using OmniFocus like I want to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!