The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Calendar view? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The context for this request seems at least in part to be the iCal sync problems - if we could sync iCal with our iphones reliably then personally I have no need of the calendar feature in OF.

My strategy has been to put appointments in iCal, and ToDos in OF - comments invited on this.

But if iCal syncing on iPhone is not reliable, then putting a Calendar in OF so I can have a folder called appointments seems a good way forward.

Here is a link to a "fix" for iCal sync issues
http://www.macworld.com/article/1349...ugsnfixes.html

And yes I have sent an email from within OF to the team with these views - thanks for that helpful hint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisblair View Post
My strategy has been to put appointments in iCal, and ToDos in OF - comments invited on this.
This is exactly what I do, along with many others on this forum I suspect. It's worked quite well for the year or so I've been using OmniFocus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisblair View Post
But if iCal syncing on iPhone is not reliable, then putting a Calendar in OF so I can have a folder called appointments seems a good way forward.
Perhaps, but I haven't had any problems with syncing iCal on my iPhone. And I'm fairly confident that any problems that might exist (that I haven't hit) will soon be sorted by Apple.

-Dennis

I personally only use my calendar for meetings and appointments, so having a strong link between iCal and OF isn't all that important for me. IMO, calendars aren't very good at showing what's due. OTOH, I do like to have a project plan showing milestones to get an overall view in a time series, so integration with OmniPlan would be useful.

I do admit to abusing the due date feature to show what I want to do today. Maybe I'll take some time this morning and review some GTD. I recently got in the habit of putting projects on hold, which dramatically reduced the amount tasks to look at. I would like some sort of "energy level" setting - maybe with the upcoming metatags? This is recommended by GTD, so if I don't feel like thinking too hard, I can skip "design new system" and do "check email" instead.