The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

You can have dropbox syncing!! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have just made a little discovery that you can have dropbox syncing after all. (You need to have a mobile me account though)

It’s quite easy really just relocate the dropbox folder (through preferences in the dropbox application) into the idisk.

I have just been experimenting with it. Works perfectly.

However I still would like some form of automatic syncing, you still have to manually export the outline. I really want my outlines stored in “the cloud” so I can access them from my mac or my ipad. Dropbox syncing is so much better than idisk.

I've set up a rule in Hazel (from Noodlesoft) to copy any oo3, .pages or .numbers file to my iDisk as soon as it is added to the Dropbox folder. Another kludge while we are waiting for proper syncing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolok View Post
I've set up a rule in Hazel (from Noodlesoft) to copy any oo3, .pages or .numbers file to my iDisk as soon as it is added to the Dropbox folder. Another kludge while we are waiting for proper syncing!
It's a kludge but if it works I'm willing to give it a go. Might be the first time I've found an actual use for iDisk. Thanks for the tip.