The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Global shortcut? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I am a fan of OmniFocus, but I do wish the hotkey to bring up the text entry screen worked globally so that it worked when I didn't have the app open. I mean, it could work similarly to Quicksilver and I'd be fine with that. That is, I guess Quicksilver is technically "open" when you can use a global hotkey, but it's not distracting. So I guess if there were a way to hide the icon in the dock?

This question has been addressed in a different thread. (You can search for it; I'm too short on time.) In brief: according to Ken, a standalone Quick Entry application would consume nearly as many system resources as the full OmniFocus application. For that reason, and to avoid having to develop & debug a separate application, there's no standalone Quick Entry app.

What's so distracting about the icon in the dock? You can turn off the badge if that's distracting you. Me, I want to be reminded of upcoming or overdue commitments! :-)