The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

At the GTD Crossroad... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
DrJJWMac and wilsonmg. Very thoughtful replies. You guys are appreciated.

Lightstorm's post feels all too familiar. If I bulk selected all my hundreds of work related projects and corresponding actions, then blindly changed their context to "computer," they would all still be mostly accurate. I think that is the problem.

I wish I could change the real world context, but the truth is, almost everything I do requires staring at this screen. It also seems the longer I stare at it, the less productive I become.

Using a pomodoro technique helps, I also work mostly on a treadmill desk, but the context field feels burdensome, futile, and creates resistance. Looking at the situation with Ocham's Razor, the simple accurate solution is do less computer work, but I don't see that happening, and I don't think I'm alone in this situation. Bringing this back to the OP's point, contexts in the GTD system, as designed, don't seem to be helpful anymore.