The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can not show weekends..? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Forum...

I am very sorry to find out that OmniPlan does not seem to show weekends (off-days) when I print out my project. I have been looking all over but cant seem to find where to visualize weekends. I find it a bit strange since I can get it to show off-hours...
Anyone who can help - please..?

Last edited by niels.henrik; 2007-08-02 at 09:58 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by niels.henrik View Post
Hi Forum...

I am very sorry to find out that OmniPlan does not seem to show weekends (off-days) when I print out my project. I have been looking all over but cant seem to find where to visualize weekends. I find it a bit strange since I can get it to show off-hours...
Anyone who can help - please..?
Hi niels.henrik!

You can show off-hours by going to by going to "View" > "Gantt Chart" > "Show Off-Hours".

By default, the off-hours are shown with a grey shade, but you can change the color by going to the "Project : Colors" inspector.

Does this help?

Hi Akwong - thanks for your reply.
But no - it doesnt help. Im not interested in off-hours during the day - but "off-days" (weekends etc) during a period for one main reason: its easier to overview a printed projectplan (with visible weekends).
Can I do that?

Thanks Niels Henrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by niels.henrik View Post
Hi Akwong - thanks for your reply.
But no - it doesnt help. Im not interested in off-hours during the day - but "off-days" (weekends etc) during a period for one main reason: its easier to overview a printed projectplan (with visible weekends).
Can I do that?

Thanks Niels Henrik
Oh, I see what you mean. This isn't possible in OmniPlan right now but we do have a feature request for this. I'll add a vote for you.

EDIT: Nevermind, this seems to be solved in recent versions.

Original Post:
Oh come on. This is an obvious oversight IMHO. You must fix this. Just because the majority of businesses don't work on Saturday and Sunday, doesn't mean you should be limiting your users to such a contstraint.

How about assigning tasks their own Work Week on a task by task basis where needed, and just assigning the first all project encapsulating task(group) a Work Week which is 24/7 ?

He said it right, it's basically "off-days" we're looking for. 24/7 Charting. I don't think we really need to vote on it. It should seem perfectly natural.

Last edited by evanevans; 2007-12-25 at 11:10 PM..

When we say "I'll add a vote for you" it's not really a "yay" or "nay". When we sit down to prioritize and schedule new features, we have a lot of our own reasons for doing one feature or another, but it also helps to know how many of our users are asking for it. If a particular feature is frequently requested, we may sneak it into an upcoming release even if it doesn't totally fit into our original plan. So it's not a question of "should we do this?" but "should we do this before that?" or "should we do this even if it delays the release by a week?"

Hi guys,

I also work on weekends and so I would like Saturday's and Sunday's to be displayed.

Please add a vote from me too.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loc6061s View Post
Hi guys,

I also work on weekends and so I would like Saturday's and Sunday's to be displayed.

Please add a vote from me too.

Thank you.
Vote added loc6061s. :-)

If you work Saturday and Sunday regularly, you should add them to the project's "normal work week" and then they'll show up in the gantt view whether you have off-hours shown or not.