The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Need perspective for future (only) actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I like using start dates for actions and projects to avoid having to sort through an overwhelming to do list every day. However, I need a good way to make sure that I have not overloaded portions of my schedule in the future.

To that end, I would like to create a Context-based perspective that shows only actions that have a start date. Unfortunately, the closest I have been able to come is a perspective that shows ALL remaining actions, but with those that have start dates sorted at the top.

Context Filter: Remaining
Grouping: Ungrouped
Sorting: Start
Availability: Remaining
Estimated Time: Any Duration

I would love to be able to hide all the actions without start dates from the perspective.

I'm probably missing something obvious and would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks.

mon10a

Group by start date, close the unwanted groups, save as a perspective with the Restore Expansion box ticked.

Perfect.

Thank you, whpalmer4.

Interesting that the perspective on the Mac is grouped by "Start any time," "Start within the next week," "Start within the next month," etc., while the same perspective on the iPad is grouped by day.

Regards.

mon10a

The iPad (and iPhone/iPod touch) apps don't do the aggregation (yet?) which I find to be both a good and a bad thing. For stuff far in the future (or past) I find the clumping more convenient, and for stuff near the present, I often prefer the iPad's more spread out perspective.

whpalmer4, I completely agree. I would like to see single days for the first two weeks, then more general aggregation. You?

m

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
The iPad (and iPhone/iPod touch) apps don't do the aggregation (yet?) which I find to be both a good and a bad thing. For stuff far in the future (or past) I find the clumping more convenient, and for stuff near the present, I often prefer the iPad's more spread out perspective.
Guess I'm dying for aggregation to go over to the iphone !!