The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Week of the Year Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm in the process of evaluating OmniPlan (1.6.2 rc2).

I've looked through the help, the documentation, and this forum but could not find an answer to my question below.

There are two common week numbering schemes (according to Google/wiki): the US standard (it might also be known as Harvard standard) and the European/ISO.

In Omniplan, May 25-29, 2009 is shown as week 21. However, where I work it is week 22. This is in the Summary Header Format (i.e. in display preferences).

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere that can adjust this? I've tried making changes in "Edit Work Week", such as changing the start of the week from Sunday to Monday, but that didn't change the week number.

-r.
Richard Muise

Hi,
I am trying the OmniPlan and I have the same problem.
The week numbers are not in synch with my system preferences or the "start of the week" settings in OmniPlan.
There should be an option for numbering system.
I am using ISO standard and now all the schedule seems shifted.
Would be good to hear some commentsand/or workarounds on this proble.

Thanks
ceinwyn

I vote for this!
I'm evaluating OP and using week numbers in the ISO format is a must for me. It would be really really nice to have that as an option.

Thanks
Magnus

Problem solved!

I emailed the support and got this answer:
"The week number that OmniPlan uses is pulled from Mac OS X's settings and preferences. If you go to System Preferences > Language & Text > Formats and set the region to Sweden or United Kingdom the week number should reflect the numbering used in Europe. Make sure to quit and relaunch OmniPlan after you change this setting in your System Preferences."

Thanks Omni Group!
/Magnus

This is a way to change the week number, but what else is it going to change on my computer (are there spell checkers or other applications that also check this setting that might now also be using a European convention)?

Also, having the week number available is a great feature that I didn't even know about. Can someone point me to a place in the manual or some other documentation that will tell me how I can see the week number in an omniplan schedule?

Julia Bell

I have the same problem. Week 8 (22/2 - 28/2) is shown as week 9 in Omniplan. My system settings are all for Sweden and as such this should be reflected in the week numbering as stated in the post above. However this is not the case. This is quite annoying as any planning on a weekly basis is skewed and trying to use the week numbers instead makes the dates skewed. Hopefully there is a solution for this as I like the software and would like to buy it, however the week numbering constitutes a problem severe enough for me to reconsider purchasing.

My guess is that you maybe haven't gotten all of the settings correct, as it seems to work fine for me, as seen in the attached screen capture. Did you make sure to set your "Start weeks on" value to Monday in the Display Preferences pane of the OmniPlan preferences, and have you restarted OmniPlan since making the last of the changes to the system preferences for date format, etc?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 11.png
Views:	496
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	1281  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell View Post
This is a way to change the week number, but what else is it going to change on my computer (are there spell checkers or other applications that also check this setting that might now also be using a European convention)?
Julia,

I'm not making any promises, but it is difficult to see why a properly-designed and implemented spell checker (or anything else) would look at the date and time settings to determine the language to use when there is specific, independent customization for languages built into the operating system.
Quote:
Also, having the week number available is a great feature that I didn't even know about. Can someone point me to a place in the manual or some other documentation that will tell me how I can see the week number in an omniplan schedule?
It appears to be documented on p. 63 of the current OmniPlan PDF manual available for download off the OmniPlan product page.

I looked at the settings again and changed my settings to Sweden (Swedish) which worked out great. I had Sweden (English) or whatever before. Misunderstood how they name those formats I guess :)
Thanks!

I have the same problem from Spain. I don't now.
I need your help

Thank you