The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can children actions of an action group be unaffected by the parent flag and due date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Relatively new user here, I love the software and after a few initial questions and reading GTD, it works out well for me, though I'm still changing my methods a little bit.

The one thing that I keep trying to use and then decide not to is the action groups. One of the main thing that bugs me is that if I set the flag or a due date on the parent action, it applies to all children, therefore "polluting" most of my perspectives and so on.

Maybe to clarify, let's say I work on a project and I need to deploy a new web application, I might think of a few things to check while I do it and would like to be able to view them separately check them off as they're done, but I just want to be reminded of the deployment itself, not all the steps.

That's one example, but there are a few other scenarios as well.

Thanks!

Julien

No way to do this currently - setting a flag or a due date or other attribute of a container is assumed to also imply the same for the items it contains. This is something we have a feature request open on, though; attaching you so the rest of the team knows you'd like to see this added. Thanks!