The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 554 won't quit Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Omniweb on both of my Macs (10.4.9 PPC) won't quit when asked to. The Omniweb menu item stays blue but I have to invoke Force Quit to close the browser. Is this a known problem? It just started in the last few days (maybe after an OS update, perhaps?).

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

I just had this start this morning. Plus, when I restarted my computer, OmniWeb was using 90% of the CPU. This time when I quit OmniWeb, the window closed and the Dock also showed it was closed, but the CPU fans were still maxed out. Activity Monitor still showed OmniWeb as running. Forced quit from there.

OmniWeb 5.5.4
OSX 10.4.10

I installed 10.4.10 this last weekend.

I have this problem too sometimes.

In my initial post about this matter, I made a mistake -- I am running 10.4.10 and not 10.4.9. So I wonder if the lastest OS is causing a problem?

When you quit OmniWeb, it makes sure that any changes to your bookmarks are saved before it exits. Unfortunately, in 5.5.4, we had a regression where saving your bookmarks could get stuck behind lower priority operations like checking RSS feeds and bookmarks.

This is fixed in the current sneaky peek builds of OmniWeb 5.6: we now immediately stop all low-priority operations when you tell OmniWeb to quit, so the higher priority save operations can finish more quickly and the application can exit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahl032
In my initial post about this matter, I made a mistake -- I am running 10.4.10 and not 10.4.9. So I wonder if the lastest OS is causing a problem?
No because at my work i am still in 10.4.9 and have the problem too.

Thanks for the reply Ken. The latest version does seem to be better.

I had all kinds of trouble with OS X 10.4.10 !!! So I reloaded the OS from scratch and went back to 10.4.9 on my Intel iMac. Just a thought.