The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Level of detail on descriptions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaoPinheiro View Post
As for the software projects, things like "Person of type A cannot do action B" and "Action C can only be done on location X" aren't real physical actions, but database restrictions I need to implement. Think of them as features I on a to-do list
I write this kind of action in the form:

"Write code to ensure that person of type A cannot do action B."
"Write code to ensure that Action C can be done on location X."

Or if there are a whole bunch of interlocking code elements that I don't feel can be easily teased into separate actions, at least not yet, I might have an action like:

"Implement user-level code restrictions. (See Note for privilege matrix.)."

I also rarely have action groups - if Project X has Feature X1, with a dozen or two so actions, I define that as a separate project. That means that I can see that separate project's name in the Project column in Context view.

Gardener

I use sub-projects every now and then, mostly because a particular project might have a set of actions that must be done in order and another set of actions that can be done in parallel.