The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OW confused about page title Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was reading a page on macworld.com about Camino 1.01.

I also have a couple of other tabs open, and the drawer open. I then clicked a link in an email that greenworks just sent me, which was a direct link to a MOV. This navigated the active tab, the Macworld Camino article, to a QT movie at greenworks.

If you notice in the screenshot, the tab title still is for the Macworld page, although the URL in the tooltip and the preview are correctly reflecting the MOV file.

re: OmniWeb-5.5-beta-1-v601

I have a workspace set up where the first browser window is a page of stock quotes from Yahoo Finance. The second browser window has four tabs pointing to various other Web sites.

Loading the workspace shows the stock quote's page with the title "Omniweb" in the title bar instead of the usual title:

"Quotes for (list of stock symbols)... Yahoo! Finance."

To the left of "OmniWeb" in the title bar was the Yahoo Finance favicon.

Refreshing the page didn't correct the page's title.

However, using the bookmark to that page of stock quotes resulted in the expected page title.

Checking the second browser window, the other pages also load with the page title set to "OmniWeb." Again, refreshing doesn't alter this: one has to follow a link to the page for the titles to be corrected.

Edit: I did a quick Restore of the workspace and it turns out that every page has the title of OmniWeb, though the page titles show correctly in the tabs in the second browser window.

;-) Doc

Last edited by Dr. Smoke; 2006-07-22 at 01:34 PM..