The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Strange line problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I'm using Mac OSX 10.7.2. Just upgraded to OmniGraffle Pro 5.3.4 from 5.2.3.

Opened an accounting diagram I created on the earlier version only to find that several lines were missing. All the lines in my document were of the "orthogonal" type.

Upon further investigation, the lines were still "there", but not visible or selectable, and (importantly) they would *not print* either. The only way to get them to be visible again was to move the object they were connected to. They would then magically reappear and everything would be happy, even if the object was moved back to the same location.

The problem seems to be focussed on lines that have the same starting point (they start at the same magnet). It may also be focussed on orthogonal type lines. Also, this might only be happen in multi-page documents (canvas spreads over 2 pages).

Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Create a blank document
2. Create a flowchart object, like a Process box
3. Create 2 more flowchart objects somewhere below the first.
4. Select the orthogonal line tool.
5. From the lower magnet on the first object, draw a line to the upper magnet of the second object.
6. Then, starting from the same magnet on the first object, draw a line to the upper magnet on the third object.
7. Finally, select all, and drag the group of objects so that it falls off the right side of the page and a new page is automatically created.
8. Save, close, quit OmniGraffle.
9. Reopen the document.
10. The second line you drew will not be visible and will not print.

2 images attached:

test9image.jpg is the view at the end of step 7:
Click image for larger version

Name:	test9image.jpg
Views:	780
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	2057

test9image2.jpg is the view at at step 10:
Click image for larger version

Name:	test9image2.jpg
Views:	759
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	2058

The behavior is present for both the old and the new line manipulation system (tried both). It may be present for both the Pro and the Normal versions of OmniGraffle.

Would be great to have a fix or workaround for this that doesn't require me to pick up and move my objects to get my lines to reappear.

Thanks!

Thanks for documenting this. I'm having the same problem on Mac OS 10.6.8 and OmniGraffle Pro 5.3.6.

The bug appeared after I upgraded from OmniGraffle Pro 5.2.x.

There were some significant adjustments to line behavior in 5.3. Perhaps the bug is related to these new features.