The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tab Exposé feature Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Would be great to get a Tab Exposé feature just like in Shiira project.

http://hmdt-web.net/shiira/screenshot/en#tabExpose

Uhh... why? The tab thumbnails are all that's necessary! What would be gained by spending lots of time coding a totally useless feature that generates larger-but-still-unreadable-thumbnails? I would much rather that the OmniFolks focus on getting the various bugs and unfinished features completed, and then adding PRACTICAL features, like Atom feed support.

"Tab Exposé" is one of the most ridiculous features I've ever seen. If you want bigger thumbnails, then make your tab drawer bigger!

Please no. This is one of many Shiira gimmicks. Next people will be asking for the ridiculous page flip effects.

Last edited by fonnesbeck; 2006-06-05 at 03:57 AM..

Please no!

Another NO vote from me. It destroys the window and tab metaphor.

I don't think it's practical since the thumbnails are preset.

But what about a feature where you can drag tabs between Workspaces much like you can with tabs between windows.

Grab tab>Workspace Exposé>Drop on window (preference to bring to front or not) or maybe it's easier to have a Action menu/Rt-click option Send tab to Workspace ...

the workspace window lets you do that now, though it's not so fancy.