The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can I Record the Date Entered? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to record the date a task was entered? I see the start date field but am wondering if that could automatically be populated with today's date when ever I enter a new task. Possible?

It is recorded automatically, but there isn't a column to show it. If you select the item and bring up the Inspector, you'll see a Date Added field (and a Date Changed field, as well). You can also group and sort by these dates. So, if you add a bunch of stuff today and want to mark it all as having the same start date, you could bring up an All items view, switch to Context mode, change the grouping selector in the view bar to Group by Added, and the items added today would be in the first group. Select them all, bring up the Inspector and set the start date for the whole lot at once.

Ah - "Group By Added" was perfect. I was just trying to facilitate an "aging report" of tasks. That does the trick and without the need for altering the start date. Will make a perspective for this now. Thanks!

The inspector shows it as already mentioned.

I love that it remembers since it knows when a "review" is needed. I believe the default for review is one week? Well simply, it just knows.

:]