The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

+omnifocus@ (email rules) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The provided Mail rules only work with Mail. OF only works with iCal, and then the to-do lists not the calendar.

There is some user-provided stuff for Entourage posted in the OmniFocus Extras forum that you might find helpful.

Curt

Awesome. Worked great. Thanks guys

I set up the Add to Mail Rules in OF preferences appropriately for what follows;
I started the subject line with --
I formatted the message in plain text;
I'm running OS 10.4.11, with today's updated sneakypeak for OF

the message was received by Apple Mail, and it even got redirected (according to my OF preferences indication) to a special mailbox I created just for such messages, so I know it got processed, on some level, by OF. But the text following the -- in my subject line never entered OF as an action. Nor did the text in the body of the message. I used an odd word in both the subject line and in the body of the text, then searched for it in OF, and nothing turned up. Where should it turn up? in the Inbox, right? regardless, I searched for the odd word in Library and INbox, and it didn't show up. I'm bewildered. I've tried everything. I just don't get it. any ideas what else might be going on?

Thank you!

Make sure you don't have some kind of filtering on that would hide the action from showing up in a search. (The easiest way to do this is to choose "All Items" from the Perspectives menu.)

Hi Lizard.

Yup, I chose "all items" from the Perspsctives menu. Still no go. Also, my columns read "All projects", "Ungrouped", Unsorted", "Any Status", "Any Duration", "Any Flag State".

By the way, I get the same results when I use the "+omnifocus" method; the e-mail arrives and gets archived by OF in the mailbox I created, but does not show up in OF. I have tried Unchecking the "Add Mail Rule" box in OF preferences, quitting OF, quitting Mail, opening OF, opening Mail, rechecking the box, trying again, repeating, etc. Still no go.

Okay, I got it to work by following the advice of someone else in another forum: resetting the mail preferences in OF, starting over, manually entering the e-mail addresses again, and so on.

Now my renaining trouble is that neither Jott nor reQuall send their e-mails to me in plain text. The e-mails do arrive, addressed, as I have it set up, to name+omnifocus@domain.com, and they get processed by OF insofar as they are archived into the mailbox I set aside for this purpose. but they do not get entered into OF. Is there a way for OF to process rich text?

We've got a bug filed for this. I'll add your comments to it. Sorry I didn't realize sooner that this could be the sticking point for you.

I am having the same issue that markwoods was having. I tried resetting the mail processing settings but that didn't work either. I looked in the Console and found the following logs every time a message tried to get processed into OmniFocus:

4/18/09 5:25:43 PM OmniFocus[299] OmniFocus calling process_message in MailAction script
4/18/09 5:25:44 PM Mail[311] An exception was thrown during execution of an NSScriptCommand...
4/18/09 5:25:44 PM Mail[311] NSData* -[WebArchive data](WebArchive*, objc_selector*) was called from a secondary thread

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if this is related, but today's sneaky peek release notes said:

Quote:
Added a compatibility fix for AppleScript clipping handlers.
Are you running the Sneaky Peeks? (You can get them here.)

Curt

Strangely enough, it was the installation of Safari 4 that caused the issue for me. If you're having similar problems, see this forum: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...8715#post58715