The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus for the iPhone wont launch Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
That sounds strange. I have several times deleted and reinstalled apps on the phone without removing them from iTunes. (When testing some stuff that OmniFocus does on launch, for instance.)

Well, my problem has happened again. I tapped on OF and it tried to load then returned to the main menu. I deleted OF from the IP and reinstalled from iTunes and problem persists. The next step it to delete it from iTunes, download it again and see what happens. I really need a fix here.

Did I say I'm running one of the orginal IPs. Should that make a difference?

Were you prompted to send in a crash report when you tried to relaunch? If so, then please send it in and tell us the ticket number for the crash so we can investigate where it failed.

If you weren't prompted to send in a crash report, then the iPhone launcher never transferred control to our code before it failed. I've seen this happen with a number of third party apps, not just OmniFocus. The most common cause for this is the iPhone running out of memory, usually because some of Apple's applications (such as Safari or iPod) are still running in the background. Restarting my phone usually reclaims that memory and lets me launch third party apps again.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unorder View Post
This morning I launched OmniFocus on my first gen iphone and it hung while trying to sync with Mobile Me. It was synching fine yesterday. So I rebooted the iPhone and now when I try and launch OF it says it's loading then returns to the home screen without launching. Any ideas?
This has been happening to me for the last 2 days. Very frustrating.

You really shouldn't recommend this except as a last resort...
Quote:
"It is possible that your iPhone or iPod has gotten into a confused state. Try turning off your device by holding down the Home and Sleep/Power buttons at the same time for approximately 5 seconds, then turn it back on by pressing the Sleep/Power button."
... to the OS this is the equivalent of unplugging your desktop while it's running. Resetting like this should only be done after power cycling, re-syncing, and other less invasive methods of troubleshooting.

I received the request to send the crash report but when I did I got a message that the email was invalid. I will try again after I get OF working again.

I've noticed that the only way to get it working is to reload it from the App Store. Luckily I don't get charged each time I do this.

I thought everything was sorted because for a week now OF was working beautifully. I had upgraded my IP to 2.1 which seemed to make all the difference.

Then this morning I was syncing OF and received this error message:

"Unable to synchronize database with server. Operation could not be completed. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 302.)"

I tapped on retry and received the same error. Then I hit cancel and turned off my IP. After turning it on again I tried OF and got the original problem of OF starting up and then just stopping without any messages.

To my knowledge, we haven't heard many complaints about kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 302, but I do see that there are a number of reports on the net about it, and it doesn't appear to be application-specific. I realize this is of limited help, but you might want to take a look at what other people are reporting:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....42924&tstart=0

My compaint is that OF didn't handle this error gracefully and once it was encountered the application wouldn't start again. And the only I can find with my IP it to delete the application off the IP AND iTunes and then reload from appstore. This is such a pain.

I'm still persisting because it's such a great product but I'm getting to the end of my teather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unorder View Post
My compaint is that OF didn't handle this error gracefully and once it was encountered the application wouldn't start again.
If this happens again, please plug your iPhone into iTunes and look for an OmniFocus crash report in your Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice folder. If you find one there, it would be helpful if you could send it to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com so we can determine what went awry. (When you send in the report, you'll get an auto-response with a ticket number; feel free to post that ticket number here.)

Thank you for your help!