The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Deleting Empty Project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've moved all the actions inside a certain project to my inbox (for recategorizing later). The project is now empty. And I've hit "clean up".

But when I try to delete the project, I get a warning that I'll be deleting all the actions within that project....even though there aren't any.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi Eric,

If you select "All Items" in the Perspectives menu, you'll see all of the completed actions in the project. Basically, OmniFocus is telling you that, if you delete the project, you'll lose your record of what you've done. If you don't really care (as is usually the case with me), you can just ignore the warning and delete. Otherwise, you can leave it in and just ensure that your filter in the sidebar is showing only "Remaining" projects.

Thanks! FWIW, I haven't actually completed any of the tasks...just moved them to inbox.

Anyway....I followed your directions and chose "view all items". And I found all the items I'd moved to inbox a few minutes earlier. This might be a feature, but it seems like a bug to me! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfkeydel View Post
If you select "All Items" in the Perspectives menu, you'll see all of the completed actions in the project. Basically, OmniFocus is telling you that, if you delete the project, you'll lose your record of what you've done.
It's a bit more general than that; it will warn you about deleting the project or folder if there are any items in it not currently visible. The usual case is completed items, yes, but if you are viewing Available or Next Action, for example, it will also warn you of the presence of items with future start dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Schoenfeld View Post
Thanks! FWIW, I haven't actually completed any of the tasks...just moved them to inbox.

Anyway....I followed your directions and chose "view all items". And I found all the items I'd moved to inbox a few minutes earlier. This might be a feature, but it seems like a bug to me! :)
Were they being shown as part of the Inbox or part of the project? That All Items view will normally show the Inbox as well as the projects, and so I would expect to see the items you had moved, but in their new location in the Inbox.