The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF hangs up on entering anything in the Date Inspector Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm running the latest build of OF (see below for details) and the application hangs up whenever I try to enter anything in any field of the date form (inspector). It doesn't matter if it's a date of any format or a word (today, tomorrow) - after about three characters OF's main window freezes and I have to restart the application.

Maybe that's got to do with my international (German/Austrian) settings in the OS X preferences?

Build details:

Product: OmniFocus
Tag:
Date: 2007-11-16 23:30:53 -0800
Builder: bungi
Host: tb104i.private.omnigroup.com
Revision: 94774

I'm not seeing this; I tried setting Austria (German) under 10.5, selected an action in Project mode (with no dates set) and entered "20.11.2007" in the start date field.

Could you post a screen shot of your International > Formats system preferences pane and any more details about exactly what you have selected, and what you are typing into the field? Rowan might have a better idea about what could be going wrong since he's Lord of the Dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
I'm not seeing this; I tried setting Austria (German) under 10.5, selected an action in Project mode (with no dates set) and entered "20.11.2007" in the start date field.
I did exactly this (on OS 10.4.11), and OF "freezes" after I have typed "20. 11. 2007" (see screen shot). Freezing is not the accurate term though, as when I change applications and then come back to OF, there's an error message, too (as seen in the screen shot). This error message only appears when I return from another app, but as it is somehow prompted by the date entry, it's propably the reason I can't do anything else in OF from this point. Also, the error message cannot be clicked away, I have to restart OF.

When I don't type the date but use the little calendar icon instead, it works, although this prompts the same error message. That message can be clicked away however and OF continues working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
Could you post a screen shot of your International > Formats system preferences pane and any more details about exactly what you have selected, and what you are typing into the field? Rowan might have a better idea about what could be going wrong since he's Lord of the Dates.

It looks from one of your screenshots as if you're typing a space after the period, e.g. "20. 11. 2007". What happens if you omit the space and type "20.11.2007"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
It looks from one of your screenshots as if you're typing a space after the period, e.g. "20. 11. 2007". What happens if you omit the space and type "20.11.2007"?
That doesn't make any difference - often the "freezing" occurs after the first three characters ("20.") anyway...

Hmm... this sounds like a bug a I fixed a while ago, but you are on the latest. I'll see if I can reproduce it and get a fix out.

OK, I think I found the cause...
If you have a look at the third screen shot above, in the "Region" menu "Eigene" (=user-defined) is selected.
I changed this to "Österreich" (=Austria) and now OF's Date Inspector works fine. (BTW notice how there's no spaces between DD.MM.YY in the new settings...)

Reported into our bug tracker as: <bug://bugs/43220> (Austrian date formats breaking)

Look for a fix in an upcoming release, and thanks for taking the time to report this for us.