The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Symbol Replacement Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a diagram with a number components.... I have several copies of BOX X.... Is there any easy way to replace them all with a different symbol ... i.e. BOX Y?

Each box has a number of connections and I would really like to avoid having to recreate them all.

Thanks /lss

You can select all shapes of a particular style using the following palette then change attributes for all in one go:

Yes, I realize that I can change attributes ... but I want to actually change the item ... e.g. imagine a palette full of musical instruments ... and i have created a diagram consisting of a number of different musical instruments connected with lines ... now I want to change all of the pianos to violins....

You can use the style brush:

Select the styles you want to copy, with the style brush activated, option click the object whose style you want to copy and click objects whose style you want to replace.

Brilliant!!

Thank you!

/lss