The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Search field Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would like to be able to search Google Scholar, for example, straight from the search field. I am just wondering how I find the correct URL to put in the 'keywords' preference.

Google has the following URL: http://www.google.com/search?ie=utf8&oe=utf8&q=%@

But I cannot figure out what to place before the %@ for other sites such as Google Scholar.

Any advice on how to find these parameters?

Go to the Google Scholar page, right-click on the text field, and select "Add Search Shortcut…" from the contextual menu. Choose a name and keyword shortcut (if desired), and you'll be all set.

Hope this helps!

So simple! Thank you for your prompt reply.