The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Coalesce more than two clients, solution to slow syncs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
First of all, I love OmniFocus, and I really appreciate not only the hard work the engineers have put into it, but also the regular support on these forums.

I'm experiencing the issue that occurs when there are more than two clients (home, work, and iPhone) and the database never gets smooshed. I've followed the instructions that include running the CoalesceDatabase ActionScript, then updating the file on MobileMe. This typically reduces the file size by about 90% (600+kb to 60-80kb), and everything works great for about a day, and then I'm back into slow-sync land. My macs take 5-10 minutes to sync, and my iPhone usually just times out.

My temporary fix has now become to reset the database on my iPhone, and simply no longer use it, until there's a permanent solution to this issue. I only use Omnifocus on two machines now (home and work), and the sync stays snappy, the database small. This will be fine until the next time I have to go shopping. :D

I know you guys are working hard on a solution for this. I want this thread to be a central place for informing people as it gets resolved. There are so many Sneaky Peaks, and a recent build mentioned speeding up syncs, but I wasn't sure if that indeed addresses this problem.

Here's a link to the temporary fix instructions and the CoalesceDatabase script for people that need them (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...68&postcount=7) (thanks, Lizard). Maybe it would be worth making this post sticky until you guys get a chance to resolve the issue.

I want to close by thanking you guys again for the incredible application, and saying what a great job I think you're doing responding to your customers' needs.