The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > Omni Frameworks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Text Editor inspector Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,
Love the framework, excellent work.

I'm currently running through the text editor example code.
I have an inspector button up on the toolbar, but I'm scratching my head on how to actually get an inspector to show up on screen to modify the selected text.

Any help or sample code would be very much appreciated.

In OUIEditableFrame.m, you'll find this line of code:

Code:
    self->flags.showInspector = 0;  // Temporarily disabling the text style inspector since it isn't quite ready for prime time
None of our apps (yet) use the text style inspector, so while we are still working towards fixing its bugs, we leave it disabled.

At one point we had the text inspector come up from the inspector toolbar item. I'm not sure if it does that at the moment, but it definitely is included on the text selection context menu.

Thanks for that Tim.

I managed to get it working the hard way by implementing the OUIInspector delegate in the AppController and firing it off from the showInspectorFromBarButtonItem method on the toolbar.

Setting the self->flags.showInspector makes it run from the context menu not the inspector button.

Looks good though!